Applications from Conservation-Minded Landowners for the 2021 NRCS Regional Conservation Partnership

WAITE PARK, MINN – May 18, 2021 - Landowners are encouraged to apply for financial assistance to complete implement conservation activities under two Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP) projects in Minnesota: the American Bird Conservancy (ABC) - Improving Forest Health for Wildlife Resource (Project ID #2245) and the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) - Minnesota Agricultural Water Quality Certification Program (Project ID #2129).

The RCPP offers new opportunities for the NRCS, conservation partners, and agricultural producers to work together to harness innovation, expand the conservation mission, and demonstrate the intrinsic value provided by voluntary private lands conservation. Participants in RCPP must meet RCPP requirements which are similar to other USDA Farm Bill program requirements.

ABC: Improving Forest Health for Wildlife Resource. The project will enhance and maintain habitat for the Golden-winged Warbler and Kirtland’s Warbler (not in MN for 2021). Both are Species of Greatest Conservation Need. Conservation activities could range from forest stand improvement, prescribed burns and fish and wildlife habitat management plans. Landowners should contact their local USDA Service Center to apply.

Lead Partner: American Bird Conservancy

Eligible Area: Minnesota Counties Beltrami, Itasca, St. Louis, Cass, Becker, Hubbard, Crow Wing, Carlton, Pine, Mille Lacs, Lake of the Woods, Clearwater, Wadena, Roseau, Lake, Kanabec, Morrison, Koochiching, Aitkin, Mahnomen (new)

MDA: Minnesota Agricultural Water Quality Certification Program The project will be used to support the Minnesota Agricultural Water Quality Certification Program (MAWQCP), which is a voluntary approach for producers and agricultural landowners to become certified through a whole-farm evaluation that assesses the operation’s risk to water quality and management of that risk. Producers that demonstrate superior water quality conservation management receive certification by the State of Minnesota and receive regulatory certainty for the duration of their ten-year certification, which stipulates they are deemed to be in compliance with any new state water quality laws and rules which take effect during the certification period. Landowners should contact their local USDA Service Center to apply.

Lead Partner: MN Department of Agriculture

Eligible Area: Minnesota

For more information visit the NRCS Minnesota RCPP webpage or contact your local USDA Service Center.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.